PAINTER OF THE MONTH AND YEAR SHOW RULES
This is a great opportunity to show everyone your paintings and maybe win a ribbon.
You will get good feedback from your fellow artists.
- Must be CVWS Member to enter a painting.
- Paintings must be original works.
- All your own idea!
- Not from another’s artwork or a published photo
- Not from workshops, art classes or instruction
- Must have been painted within the last 2 years
- Cannot have been shown in a CVWS judged show
Painter of the Year
- All winners (1st, 2nd, 3rd, HM and Demonstrator’s Choice) are eligible to compete in “Painter of the Year” at the last meeting of the season.
- You may bring the same painting or another one to Painter of the Year (if neither has been entered in another CVWS event in the meantime)
- Once you have won a ribbon in Painter of the Month, you may NOT re-enter for the rest of the season.
- The winner of Painter of the Year may not compete in Painter of the Month during the next CVWS season.
- Traditional watercolor, other water media, acrylics on paper, canvas or cradleboard are acceptable.
- (See Exhibition Rules for more detail)
- Paintings may be displayed either framed or unframed.
- Mats are required for paintings under plexi or glass, with a backing board to support the painting.
- Framed paintings must have plexiglass if larger than 16 x 20”.
- Canvases need not be framed.
- To enter Painter of the Month you may sign up at the monthly meetings for the
- following month or call the Painter of the Month coordinator.
If you have questions please call the Painter of the Month coordinator.
At this time - Moira Johannessen (760) 322-2523