Painter of the Month Sign Up:
- For an in-person meeting you can sign up at the general meeting for the next month or, contact the Painter of the Month committee Chair.
- For an online meeting you may sign up by contacting the Painter of the Month Chair, who will send you a link so you can upload your painting to the CVWS website.
- Must be a current member of CVWS.
- Must be your original work, your own idea, not from another’s artwork, a published photo, workshops, art classes or instruction.
- Must have been painted within the last 2 years.
- Cannot have been shown previously in a CVWS judged show (such as the CVWS Annual Show).
- Once you have won a ribbon in Painter of the Month, you may NOT enter POM again for the rest of the season.
- You may continue to enter POM if you have not won a ribbon during the current season.
- Painting styles: traditional watercolor, other water media, acrylics.
- Substrates: paper, canvas or cradleboard are acceptable.
- Non water based media may be integrated but cover no more than 20% of the artwork.
Members will be notified of the dates they can go to the website (cvws.org) and vote. Winners will be announced at the following general meeting.
Painter of the Year:
- All ribbon winners (1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place, Honorable Mention and Demonstrator’s Choice) in POM are eligible to compete in Painter of the Year at the last meeting of the season.
- The same painting from POM may be entered even if it was entered into the CVWS annual Show, or you may enter another painting that was not in a previously judged CVWS Show.
- The winner of Painter of the Year may not compete in Painter of the Month during the next CVWS season.
Framing Requirements at in person meetings:
- Paintings may be displayed either framed or unframed.
- Unframed paintings must be matted, with a clear covering (not kitchen wrap) and a backing board to support the painting.
- Framed paintings must have Plexiglas rather than glass if larger than 16” x20”.
If you have questions, please contact Painter of the Month Chair Charlie Lerner at email@example.com or (714) 724-1210.