Founded in 1989, the Coachella Valley Watercolor Society currently has over 240 members. We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, and each year we donate money and scholarships to youth organizations and groups. Each year we raise funds to provide art supplies for children’s art programs in the community.
- To support and promote further education in and appreciation for watercolor art.
- To provide inspiration and opportunities for its members and local artists of all levels to get involved in the visual arts and to exhibit their work.
- To provide art activities including, but not limited to: art exhibits, educational programs, Plein air outings, demonstrations and workshops.
- To support art education for young people of Coachella Valley.
- To stimulate creative activity, interest and enjoyment of art among its members through programs presented at regular meetings.
- To sponsor exhibits and show open to the public, giving its members an opportunity to display and promote their work.