2022 Annual Show Registration Information
- Deadline to enter: 3/14 (by mail) 3/17 (online)
- Location: Artist Council’s Artist Center at the Galen
- Take-In: 3/31; 10 am – 12 pm
- Gala Reception: 4/1 5; pm – 7 pm
- Show Dates: 4/2 – 4/3; 10 am – 4 pm
- Pick-Up: 4/3; 4 pm – 5 pm
Days Left To Enter:
Contact show-chairperson MaryAnne Brower below:
Please note: Proof of vaccination and masks are required for entrance into the Galen
You must complete all 5 steps listed below in order to enter
Coachella Valley Watercolor Society
(CVWS) 2022 Annual Show
To promote the creative talents and art appreciation of its members and to stimulate art interest and support art education for the young people in the Coachella Valley.
Current Membership is required to enter all CVWS Show.
- Original art created in the last two years
- Art shown at a meeting or ‘Painter of the Month’
- Art created in a class or workshop
- Art that is a copy or a study of another artist’s work (including commercial photography). This is because of copyright laws
- Any art that is not original to the artist
- Art previously exhibited in any CVWS judged show
- Art that is damaged, inappropriate for public display (i.e., nudity), improperly framed, or does not meet entry requirements
- Annual Show sizes: Maximum 46”; minimum size 5” on any outside edge of painting, canvas or board.
- Mini Masterpiece show sizes: Maximum 14” on the outside of frame edge.
- Artwork must be water-media painted in a primarily aqueous manner. Non water-based media may be integrated but cover no more than 20% of the artwork. No oils, water- miscible oils, encaustics, or photography are allowed.
TRADITIONAL PRESENTATION CATEGORY:
- Artwork may be presented on watercolor paper, paper-based board, watercolor canvas, Yupo or other synthetic paper.
- To be accepted into the show and judged, all traditional presentation paintings MUST be matted and framed (mats may be any color but must be clean and well cut). No clip frames are allowed.
- Plexiglass must be used if painting is larger than 16” x 20”. Paintings 16” x 20” or smaller may be under glass or plexiglass. Floated framed paintings (no mat) must have spacers to keep art from touching inside plexiglass and be floated on mat board.
- Paintings must be backed with foam core, mat board or other hardboard (i.e., Masonite); NO CARDBOARD is allowed.
- All frames must be wired. Do not pull the wire tight. Wire should be secured one-fourth of the total height down from the top of the frame, looped through D-rings. (No eyelet screws are allowed)
OPEN PRESENTATION CATEGORY
(No Mat / No Plexiglass):
- Paintings may be on wrapped canvas or “cradled” painting panels with a minimum depth of 1 ½”. The sides of wrapped canvases must be staple free.
- Canvas boards (including clayboard, gesso board or canvas) less than 1 ½” deep must be framed.
- Paintings without glass or plexiglass must be protected with a layer of medium, acrylic varnish or paint, including sides. All work must be wired for hanging.
PLEIN AIR CATEGORY:
- Plein air paintings may be presented in Traditional or Open format.
- 80% of submitted work must be painted plein air; the remaining 20% may be painted in the studio.
- The subject may be from any location.
MINI MASTER CATEGORY:
- Paintings must have a maximum of 14” on the outside of the frame edge or a minimum of 5”.
- All paintings must be original. Acrylics on paper or canvas board are allowed.
- All work must be matted and backed with foam core, double mat board or hardboard the same size as the mat and enclosed inside an acetate sleeve that has been fitted to the size of the mat or professionally shrink-wrapped.
- No cardboard backing is allowed.